French - Year 11 bridging activities
It is now more important than ever to learn a language. French is spoken by over 270 million people, with around 90 million native speakers and 180 million of speakers who speak it as a second language. Grammar and independent work are two of the most challenging skills for students who move from GCSE to A-Level. We have prepared the below tasks to help you, have fun and let us know if you need anything!
The MFL Team
Please click on the link above, read and take notes of the information for each tense and complete the activities online.
vocabulary and culture
Please complete these tasks to research and learn more about French vocabulary and culture, which you will use as part of the A-Level course.
1. Research project - research a French-speaking French region or country. Put together a PowerPoint (minimum 6 slides) in French with your findings.
2. Click here or on the image below, read the text and translate it into English.
3. Click here or on the image at the bottom left to access an A-Level news bulletin in French.
NEWSPAPERS, TV PROGRAMMES, TV SERIES AND FILMS
1. TV5MONDE - TV in French
2. Le Monde - French Newspaper
3. Les choristes - French film
4. Tintin - French Film - on Netflix
5. Kirikou - French Film
6. Nailed it! - French Bake off - on Netflix
7. Call my agent - French TV series - on Netflix
8. Les grandes vacances - French TV series - on Netflix